Often times, you want to indulge in sweet desserts, but you don’t want the excess sugars, carbs, and calories. So what do you do when your sweet tooth demands apple pie? Well, you make these apple pie energy bites! Made from dates, dried apples, pecans, nutmeg, agave, and cinnamon, these bites provide protein, healthy fats, and lots of fiber. Whenever you feel hungry between meals, eat two of these and you’ll be energized, satiated, and ready to go!
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- Serves: 12 servings
- Category: Full Body Cleanse Approved, Appetizers & Snacks, Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 1 1/2 c dried apples, roughly chopped
- 1/2 c dates
- 1/2 tbsp. raw agave nectar
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 c raw pecans
- Add the dried apples, dates, and agave to a food processor and blend until you achieve a batter-like consistency.
- Add the nutmeg, cinnamon, and pecans to the food processor and continue to blend until a ball of dough starts to form in the processor bowl.
- Scoop out tablespoon sized amounts of the mixture and roll them into balls. Wet your hands with water to avoid any stickiness.
- Place the balls in an airtight container lined with parchment paper to avoid sticking, and refrigerate until firm. You can also freeze them for an hour to accelerate this process.
- Enjoy when ready! You can store them in the airtight container in the fridge for a week, or freeze them for up to a month.