What is zhoug sauce? It’s about to become your latest condiment obsession. Zhoug is a popular sauce in Middle Eastern cuisine that has incredible depth of flavor. The base is cilantro, but it includes green chili, cumin, garlic, fresh lemon juice, chili flakes, and for. Is your mouth watering yet? Are you ready to drizzle this sauce on everything you make? Well, maybe not your morning chia pudding or afternoon smoothie.
How is this sauce applicable to the raw vegan diet? Well, you can dip raw carrot, celery, or bell pepper sticks into it, or you can thin it out with more olive oil and use it as a salad dressing. If you make our raw falafel recipe, you can use it on those as well. You can also enjoy this sauce after you finish cleansing. Zhoug is truly a unique sauce that we hope you enjoy.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c cilantro
- 4 jalapeños, seeded
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- 3/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3/4 c extra-virgin olive oil
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the olive oil, to a food processor and blend until thoroughly combined.
- You may need to stop blending and scrape down the sides of the processor to ensure all the ingredients are sufficiently blended.
- While you are blending, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and keep blending until smooth.
- Taste the sauce and adjust seasonings as needed. Spoon the sauce into an airtight container and chill in the fridge for an hour before serving.