Before you even ask, we are going to explain the significance of 12 grapes in this salad. Eating 12 grapes at midnight on New Year’s Eve has become both a tradition and a superstition. The 12 grapes, according to Spaniard superstition, symbolize the upcoming 12 lucky months ahead. Eating the grapes is believed to bring luck for the New Year. You probably shouldn’t eat at midnight, but you can enjoy this for dinner!
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
For the Salad
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1/3 c coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 c sliced celery
- 1 pkg baby arugula or baby kale
- 1 green apple, cored, quartered, and sliced
- 36 grapes (to make 3 small salads with 12 grapes each)
For the Dressing
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Add all of the salad ingredients, except for the grapes, to a large salad bowl and mix to combine. Set aside while you make the dressing.
- Whisk all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and then drizzle over the salad. Toss to coat all of the salad ingredients with dressing.
- Portion the salads into three small bowls and top each salad with 12 grapes. Enjoy!