If you could concentrate summer into a single bowl, it would be this recipe. The sweet, refreshing mango pairs beautifully with the creamy avocado. Tomatoes and fresh lemon juice bring much needed acid to the party. Finally, the brightness from the red onion and cilantro set this salad on another level.
Do you know why this is the perfect salad to make as summer comes to a close? Well, it’s bright, beautiful, aromatic, and consists of various complementing flavors and textures. Some might even say that this zesty salad is addictive. Once you have one bite, it’s impossible to not come back for more. The colors alone make you return for more bites.
When it comes to salad preparation, there are several items that you should cut exactly the same. Ideally, cut the red onion and cilantro very fine, and make sure to mince the garlic. Cut the avocado and mango into larger cubes because they are the featured ingredients. You can cut the tomato how you like, but it’s better to cut them into thinner wedges. We do not advise dicing them finely. Once you prep all of the ingredients, toss them in a bowl so they can get to know each other. Let the salad sit for like 15 minutes so the flavors can intensify and then enjoy.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 2 mangos, peeled and cubed
- 4 avocados, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp. red onion, finely diced
- 1 c Roma tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and toss gently to combine.
- You do not want to over toss because that will wilt the cilantro.
- Allow the flavors to intensify for 10-15 minutes and then serve. Enjoy!