Baby collard leaves can fit in your hand, making them the perfect size and shape for raw taco shells. Your taste buds are going to be so surprised with the intense flavors in this recipe.
In the recipe picture, you’ll see that the wraps contain guacamole. If you make your own guacamole, or find the one in our recipe section, go ahead and add it to the tacos!
- Prep Time: 15m
- Total Time: 15m
For the Filling
- 1/2 c raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 c red onion, sliced
- 1/2 -1 jalapeño
- juice of half a lemon/lime
- cumin, cayenne, salt
- handful of chopped cilantro
For the Tacos
- 1 small tomato, diced
- collard leaves to act as taco shells
- Soak the sunflower seeds in water for 6 hours, or overnight. Drain the water through a mesh strainer to discard.
- In a food processor, add the soaked seeds, onion, jalapeño, lemon juice, the spices, and the cilantro. Blend until you get a smooth mixture.
- Fill your collard leaves with a few spoonfuls of the filling and top each with chopped tomatoes.
- To top it all off, add fresh cilantro or cleanse approved guacamole.