When you smell garlic fries, you need to have them. You can’t explain that desire, but the smell just captivates all your senses and forces your brain to get some pronto! Try this healthy take on garlic fries, which have an herbaceous kick from the cilantro.
- 6 yukon gold potatoes, cut into thin fries
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1/4 c loosely packed cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees, and get a baking sheet with rack ready (if no rack, just line with foil/parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil. Cut the potatoes into fries and place in a bowl of cold water to soak for a few minutes.
- Drain the water and dry the fries with paper towel. Once dry, toss the fries with the olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Lay on a baking sheet in a single layer, preferably one that has a cooking rack so the fries can have the air circulating all around them (and no need to flip.) Bake for 20-25 minutes depending on your oven and how crispy you like your fries. If using a baking sheet without a rack, halfway through the cooking time, flip the fries.
- Once done, toss fries with cilantro in a bowl.
- Enjoy by the handful!
For a fresh ketchup recipe click here.