The summer heat can be quite oppressive, but at least you get to cool off with seasonal melons! If you haven’t seen an assortment of melons at your local grocery store, it’s time to spread your wings and fly to another place. Melons are freshest during summer months and they are the perfect produce items for cooling you off.
The beautiful cantaloupe offers a sweet flavor that blends easily with banana to yield a lovely sorbet that is free of added sugars. This recipe requires you to freeze both the cantaloupe and banana. In order to freeze the cantaloupe, cut it into cubes, place the cubes on a plate or baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and place it in the freezer for a few hours or overnight. The reason you do this is to avoid clumping. Once frozen, you can add the cantaloupe to sandwich bags and keep them frozen until you are ready to make the sorbet.
You will love this sorbet, especially if you are cleansing and need a refreshing, sweet and healthy dessert.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Total Time: 5m
- 1 banana, peeled, sliced, and frozen overnight
- 2 c cantaloupe, cubed and frozen overnight
- 1 tsp. raw agave syrup (optional for sweetening)
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until you get a creamy consistency.
- Taste the sorbet and then decide if you want to add the agave.
- Scoop the sorbet into a container and freeze for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Remove from the freezer, spoon into bowls, and serve. We hope you like it!