If you are familiar with our raw vegan recipes, you know that we enjoy a tasty cleanse-approved dessert. Sometimes, a little sweet treat at the end of a day of cleansing makes all the difference. Not only is it rewarding, but it also motivates you and shows you all the possibilities of raw food. Plus, a heavenly dessert entices your taste buds.
It may not be of popular belief, but enjoying ice cream during the colder months is a near perfect experience. Because of the cold, the ice cream doesn’t melt quickly, so you can enjoy it without gobbling it as quickly as you can. Like most raw vegan ice cream recipes, this recipe uses frozen bananas as the base. The bananas set up a luxurious consistency that’s exactly what you want from an ice cream. One thing to note is that you want to choose bananas that are ripe. Ideally, the peels should be yellow with some brown spots because that elevates the sweetness level for your ice cream.
Peel the bananas and cut them roughly before you freeze them. This is a pro tip for all you raw vegan ice cream enthusiasts. You don’t want to inconvenience yourself and have to peel frozen peels off the frozen bananas. It’s quite irritating, to say the least.
Bananas provide the sweetness, but sometimes you need a little extra sweetness, which is where the maple syrup comes into play. That balances the intense spice of the fresh ginger and the tropical nuttiness of the coconut. We hope you love this raw ice cream during your cleanse.
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- Serves: 4 servings
- Category: Full Body Cleanse Approved, Desserts, Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 3 bananas, peeled and frozen overnight
- 2 1/2 tbsp. desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp. grade A maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until fairly smooth and creamy.
- You may need to stop blending, scrape down the sides, and continue blending in order to blend everything thoroughly.
- If you enjoy soft serve, you can eat right away. If you prefer ice cream, place the mixture into a freezer-safe container, cover, and freeze for about 2-4 hours before serving.
- When ready to enjoy, scoop with an ice cream scooper and serve in bowls. Enjoy!