- 1 c Basil Walnut-Cashew spread (see below)
- 1/4 c sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Basil Oil:
- 2 c packed basil
- 1 c cold pressed olive oil
- 1 Place basil and oil in blender.2. Blend until well combined.3. Strain.4. This will keep in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks.
- Basil Walnut-Cashew Spread
- 2 c cashews (soaked for 3 hours)
- 1/2 c walnuts (soaked for 3 hours)
- 1/2 c filtered water
- 2 tbsp. Basil Oil (see above)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- pinch Himalayan sea salt
- pinch ground pepper
- Place all ingredients in food processor. Process until well blended.
- Stir sun-dried tomatoes into spread. Use as a dip, or a topping on crackers or veggies.