The liver’s primary job is to filter blood that comes from the digestive tract before it goes to the rest of the body. It also detoxifies chemicals and secretes bile, which ends up in the intestines. Too many toxins, bacteria, chemicals, and medications in the body can cause the liver to function improperly, so give it some assistance and rejuvenate it with this juice.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Total Time: 5m
- 2 medium beets, peeled
- 2 c blueberries
- 1 apple
- 2 large carrots
- 1/2 c broccoli florets
- 1 whole lemon
- 2 -inch knob ginger, peeled
- 1/2 c coconut water from a young Thai coconut
- Roughly chop all of the ingredients and feed these pieces slowly through the juicer.
- About halfway through juicing all the items, pour 1/4 cup of the coconut water through the juicer to clean it out a little.
- Resume feeding the rest of the pieces through the juicer and finish it up by pouring the rest of the coconut water through.
- This juice yields about 4 cups.