Nothing against zucchini noodles, but we sometimes have to change up the vegetable noodle game. Zucchini noodles are some of the best noodles to eat during a raw vegan diet, but other vegetables have spiralizing potential. One such vegetable is the mighty beet. Just like zoodles, beet noodles don’t require cooking, but it’s wise to spiralize them with a thinner attachment. That will help you avoid crunching on large chunks of beets.
We’re not just going to have you put a pile of beet noodles in a bowl, though. This recipe calls for a creamy cashew cheese sauce, which is the highlight of the recipe. you can make it thick and chunky (like you see in the picture), or you can blend it for a longer time to get a creamier consistency. The sauce contains numerous healthy fats and the flavor pairs beautifully with the earthy flavor of beet noodles. You’ll smell the bold flavors before you even taste this entree!
- Prep Time:20m
- Total Time:20m
- Serves: 4 servings
- Category: Full Body Cleanse Approved, Entrees, Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 1 c raw cashews, soaked in water for 2 hours
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c chopped flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp. basil leaves, sliced
- 1 tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 large beets, peeled and spiralized
- 1 tbsp. pine nuts (optional topping)
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley (optional topping)
- Drain the cashews that have been soaking in water for at least two hours. Add them to a food processor and blend until crumbly.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, parsley, basil, oregano, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper, and avocado oil to the food processor. Continue blending until smooth.
- If the sauce is too thick for your liking, you can add water little by little until you reach your desired consistency.
- Add the beet noodles to a large mixing bowl and pour the sauce all over them. Toss to coat the noodles.
- Plate the sauced beet noodles on a plate and top with optional pine nuts and freshly chopped parsley.