- Prep Time: 10m
- 2 c soaked raw cashews
- Coconut meat from 2 young Thai coconuts (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 c non-dairy milk3/4 cup agave/honey/maple syrup
- Seeds from 1/2 - 1 vanilla bean (I love vanilla so I use a whole one)
- 2 T vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c plus 1 T or so of coconut oil, melted
- Blend all ingredients except coconut oil in your blender (Vita-Mix works best!) until lusciously smooth and creamy. Melt coconut oil in a bowl that's sitting in a larger bowl filled with hot water. Add in and blend until mixed. Try it now... Yeah. I know.
- Now try to resist eating it all before it's frozen: if you have an ice cream maker use that.
- But if you don't have one, put the batter in several small jars or freezable containers (single servings!) and stick them in the freezer. Check back every 30-60 minutes and stir until they are eventually frozen, creamy delights.
Whether you like it simple, chocolate-y, a mash up of a bunch of things (ex. chocolate swirl, caramel, chunks of nuts, nut butter, or raw cookie dough) or fancy flavors like lavender and basil; this recipe is the perfect base for all types.