Now that you have this recipe, you don’t need to buy pints of ice cream any longer. It may seem odd to make ice cream with cashews, but cashews are an excellent base and pair beautifully with the fresh coconut. You don’t have to add fresh vanilla bean, but if you can get your hands on some then it enhances the flavor of this ice cream.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 2 c soaked raw cashews
- Coconut meat from 2 young Thai coconuts (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 c homemade cashew milk
- 3/4 c raw agave
- Seeds from 1/2-1 vanilla bean
- 2 tbsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract (if not using fresh vanilla bean)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 c (plus 1 Tbsp) coconut oil, melted
- Add all of the ingredients, except the coconut oil, to a high-speed blender and blend until lusciously smooth and creamy.
- Melt coconut oil in a small bowl, which you can place in a larger bowl filled with hot water. Add the coconut oil to the blender and continue blending.
- The difficult part is not eating it all as you pour it into a container to store it in the freezer. Place the airtight container with the ice cream mixture into the freezer for about 2-4 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and enjoy!