What makes a cookie delicious? Aside from the flavors, a cookie has to be moist in the center and crispy around the edges. You don’t want the sweetness to overwhelm you; rather, you want just enough to know you’re eating a dessert. These vegan gingerbread cookies fit that description and go beyond your flavor expectations.
Now, when it comes to decorating gingerbread men, we are going to leave this entirely up to you. They taste wonderful without any toppings, but feel free to give them buttons, faces, or clothing. Please understand that the vegan gingerbread itself is divine. Just make sure that you have a gingerbread man cookie cutter before you make the recipe.
- Prep Time:20m
- Cook Time:30m
- Total Time:50m
- Serves: 12 servings
- Yield: 12 cookies
- Category: Desserts, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 1/2 c coconut sugar
- 1/4 c almond butter
- 1/4 c molasses
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. ginger powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 2 c almond flour
- Preheat your oven to 350º F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut sugar, almond butter, molasses, and lemon juice. Whisk until everything is thoroughly incorporated.
- Spoon in the ginger powder, cinnamon, ground cloves, baking soda, vanilla extract, and almond flour and mix until you achieve a doughy mixture.
- Place a piece of parchment or wax paper on your work surface, dust it with almond flour, and place the dough on the wax paper.
- Roll out the dough until it is 1/4-inch thick. Use gingerbread man cookie cutters, or a jar lid if you do not care about shapes.
- Set the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roll out the remaining dough again and cut more cookies. Keep doing this until you have no more dough.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven and enjoy. Decorating is optional.