Sometimes, it’s nice to not see a green smoothie, right? Don’t get it twisted, folks, we love greens and you should eat them daily. The base of this smoothie, which only contains six ingredients, is bananas and blueberries. The next ingredients only add healthy fats, protein, fiber, and more nutrients! Chia seeds, ground flaxseed, raw almond butter, and homemade almond milk contribute to a thicker consistency and creamy texture that you’ll love.
You know what’s so great about this smoothie? Besides the fact that it tastes incredible and offers an exceptional nutritional profile, it is more akin to a blueberry milkshake than a blueberry smoothie. Trust us when we say that you may want to enjoy this for breakfast and dessert! Although, maybe avoid drinking this at night because you don’t want the fruit to ferment in your stomach overnight. Because of the healthy fats and protein, this smoothie makes for a great pre- or post-workout smoothie/snack.
Once you have your almond milk made, this smoothie comes together in a matter of minutes. Don’t be afraid to add a little desiccated coconut to the smoothie for a tropical flair. Not only does that coconut elevate the flavor, but it also makes the smoothie more fun and exciting to drink, especially if you want to enjoy it regularly.
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 1 1/2 bananas, peeled, sliced, and frozen overnight
- 1/2 c blueberries
- 1 tbsp. raw almond butter
- 3/4 c homemade almond milk
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. If the smoothie ends up being too thick for your liking, pour a little more almond milk into the blender and blend until you reach your desired consistency.
- Pour into two separate cups and enjoy. Garnish with optional chia seeds or desiccated coconut and enjoy.