Just take a second to admire the beauty that is this blueberry lemon chia pudding. The color is so intense and mesmerizing! It almost looks too beautiful to eat, but we encourage you to dive in as soon as the mixture resembles a tapioca-like consistency. In addition to the refreshing, delicious flavor, this chia pudding offers an incredible antioxidant content. Between the lemon zest and blueberries, your cells are in for a nutritional treat!
Lemon and blueberry may be the very best pair you can imagine. In fact, it’s at the top of the list of food pairings with blueberries, creating an unbeatable flavor combo. The citrus brings out the richness of the blueberry, accentuating the subtly tart flavor. Underline that combo with the creamy, nuttiness of the almond milk and you have yourself one hell of a chia pudding.
If you’ve never made chia pudding before, welcome to a life changing experience. It’s a magical dish that sets up in the fridge overnight, making it an excellent grab-and-go breakfast. Simply add all of the ingredients to a mason jar or container, shake to combine, and place in the fridge so it can set overnight. For this recipe, however, you will be using a blender. The chia seeds absorb the liquid and bloom, creating a tapioca-like texture. Then you can top the pudding with some fresh mixed berries for a nutritious and filling breakfast!
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- Serves: 2 servings
- Category: Full Body Cleanse Approved, Breakfast, Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 1 1/2 c homemade almond milk
- 1/4 c chia seeds
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 pt blueberries
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into two separate mason jars.
- Place the jars in the fridge overnight so that they can firm up to create that pudding.
- Remove from the fridge in the morning and then top with optional mixed berries. Enjoy!