Lemon and blueberry is possibly one of the greatest flavor combinations. The tart, zesty lemon is a refreshing counterbalance to the sweet blueberries. Blueberries can also be tart, but the dates in the recipe enhance the sweetness. Every energy ball contains the perfect mixture of sweet and tart, so these are very refreshing and filling snacks.
If you want to have snacks for a week, this is an easy weekend meal prep option. Pack two energy bites for yourself daily and they’ll help power you through the day. If you don’t want to eat them all in one week, place them in an airtight container in the freezer and they will stay fresh for two months.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- Serves: 12 servings
- Category: Full Body Cleanse Approved, Appetizers & Snacks, Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 1/2 c blueberries
- 1 c Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 c raw cashews
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 c desiccated coconut
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until you get a dough-like consistency.
- The mixture should bit sticky, but if it is too moist, you can add a little more coconut and continue blending.
- Spoon the mixture into a bowl and place it in the fridge for an hour. This will make it easier to roll the mixture into balls.
- Remove the blueberry mixture from the fridge, wet your hands, and form about 12 balls that are the size of a tablespoon.
- Store the balls in an airtight container in the fridge for a week, or in the freezer for up to two months.