If you are new to the world of smoothies, it’s easy to run out of recipes. If you don’t run out of recipes, all that slurping can become laborious (first world problems, are we right?). So you need a new way to enjoy smoothies.
Enter the smoothie bowl, which is the perfect breakfast or lunch option. The acai bowl craze swept the nation by storm and they are the hottest healthy food items, but they’ll cost you a pretty penny. You can easily buy a lot of ingredients that make 5 smoothie bowls for the same price as one, if you were to go out and get one. Add your favorite toppings (cleanse approved, of course), and dig in. Smoothie bowls are great for kids too!
- Prep Time: 5m
- Total Time: 5m
For the Smoothie Bowl
- 1 c blueberries, frozen overnight
- 1 1/2 c mango, cubed and frozen overnight
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. grade A maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. raw almond butter
- 1 1/2 c filtered water
- 1/2 banana, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 kiwi, halved and sliced
- 1 tbsp. dehydrated coconut, chopped
- 1 -2 strawberries, thinly sliced
- Add all of the Smoothie Bowl ingredients to a blender and blend until you get a thick consistency. You do not want it to be soupy, but you do not want it to be hard as a rock either. Find that sweet spot!
- You can add a little more water if it is too thick.
- Spoon the blended mixture into a bowl and top with your desired amount of the Optional Toppings. Those are merely suggestions, so you can use any topping you like, provided it is cleanse approved.