Holiday recipes don’t all have to be sweet creations. Take pride in your health and assemble this Christmas tree with fresh broccoli florets, cherry tomatoes, and bell peppers. It’s a fun vegetable platter with a tasty dip that is the perfect centerpiece for any holiday appetizer table.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Total Time: 15m
For the Ranch Dip
- 2 c raw cashews (soaked in water for 2 hours then drained)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3/8 c raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1/8 c finely chopped dill
For the Christmas Tree
- 3 c fresh broccoli florets
- 14 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small yellow bell pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the dressing into a bowl and top with freshly topped dill, if you have some extra left over. Set aside while you assemble the broccoli tree.
- Get a large platter and assemble the broccoli florets in the shape of a Christmas tree. This is a flat tree and you aren\'t building vertically. Make sure to keep some stems from the broccoli to use as the trunk of the tree down below.
- Place the cherry tomatoes randomly around the tree. These are the ball ornaments.
- Cut a start out of one side of the yellow bell pepper, and then dice the pepper into small cubes. These will serve as the lights.
- Place the star on top of the tree and scatter the little bell pepper cubes over the tree to make the lights.
- Serve with ranch dressing and enjoy.