When it comes to spiralizing the butternut squash, take the time to peel the squash and cut off the ends first. cut the squash in half where the long section meets the bulbous section. Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds and pith to make it look like a donut. Not you can spiralize each section with a bit more ease. The next key to this recipe is letting the butternut squash noodles sit in the sauce for at least 30 minutes. This helps soften the noodles, making them much easier to eat.
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
- 4 medium fresh organic tomatoes
- 1/2 c sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 c avocado oil
- 2 butternut squash, peeled and spiralized
- Add all of the ingredients, except the avocado oil and butternut squash noodles, to a food processor and blend. You may need stop blending midway through and scrape down the sides to thoroughly blend the sauce.
- As you are blending, slowly drizzle in the avocado oil and keep blending until smooth.
- Place the butternut squash noodles in a large serving bowl and spoon the sauce over them. Toss the noodles to coat them in the sauce, cover, and let the flavors intensify for about 30 minutes, either at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- Serve and enjoy!