The coolest part about this salad is that you can prep it, dress it, and pack it into containers to have some healthy lunches for the week. You’ll get a lot of healthy protein from the kale and the quinoa helps to fill you up.
- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:15m
- Total Time:25m
For the Salad
- 1 c quinoa, uncooked (or 3 cups cooked)
- 3 c kale, chopped & large stems removed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 c shredded carrots
- 1 c edamame (or chickpeas)
- 1 c sliced grapes (green or red)
- 1/2 c crushed pecans
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro, chopped
For the Dressing
- 1/4 c filtered water
- 2 1/2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. grade B maple syrup
- 3 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. diced shallots
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Combine 2 cups of water and 1 cup of quinoa in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and then lower heat to simmer for 15 minutes. Make sure to cover the pan and cook until the quinoa is nice a fluffy.
- Massage the kale in some cold water and then chop it up, discarding the large stems. Add the diced bell pepper and shredded carrots to a large salad bowl with the kale. Add the rest of the salad ingredients.
- Blend all of the dressing ingredients together in a blender or food processor.
- Dress the salad with the dressing, or store it in a glass jar in the fridge to keep it fresh. This salad will stay fresh, even if it is dressed, in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.