Are you ready for some cashew cheese sauce? Maybe you are new to the raw foods diet and are ready to create new flavors. Use this sauce as a dip or add a unique flavor to your raw vegetables.
Photo Credit: Wallflower Kitchen
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 1 c raw cashew nuts (soaked overnight in water)
- 1/2 c nutritional yeast flakes (if using powder, you can use slightly less)*
- 1 tsp. garlic powder (or 1 freshly minced garlic clove)
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. mustard powder
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 c homemade almond milk
- Drain the cashews and discard the water they were soaked in.
- Add them to a high-powered blender along with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Add more almond milk, if needed, to create the desired consistency. It should be smooth and able to run off a spoon.
- Use straight away or add to a container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.