If you follow the recipes we post, you know that cauliflower is quite the “it” ingredient. You can do almost anything with it! From raw rice and raw tabouleh to vegan al pastor and Buffalo “wings,” cauliflower is a versatile ingredient that easily absorbs flavors. Obviously, this ceviche does not taste fishy, but you can add some diced nori or chopped dulse, if you want to taste the ocean.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 c tomato, diced
- 1 c cucumber peeled, deseeded, and diced
- 1 serrano pepper, minced
- 1/2 c brown onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted, and diced
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Cut the cauliflower into florets, add them to a food processor, and pulse lightly until the cauliflower is roughly chopped in small pieces.
- Spoon the cauliflower out of the food processor into a large bowl. Add the tomato, cucumber, serrano, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and avocado to the same bowl and mix well. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the bowl and let the flavors intensify for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- After the flavors have marinated, serve and enjoy.