Whether you have recently adopted the ketogenic diet or you are looking to go grain-free, this cauliflower tortilla recipe is great to have in your recipe arsenal. The important step is to grind the flaxseeds, or else the tortillas will fall apart. You can also purchase ground flaxseeds, which we highly recommend.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 17m
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 tbsp. ground flaxseeds
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Preheat your oven to 375º F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Grate the head of cauliflower to yield a rice-like consistency. You can also pulse it in the food processor if you prefer to do that.
- Pour the cauliflower rice into a large saucepan over high heat and add enough water to cover the cauliflower. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat, cover the pot, and allow the cauliflower to simmer for 5 minutes. Then remove from the heat.
- While the water is boiling, whisk the ground flaxseeds and 9 tablespoons of water in a small bowl. This will yield a vegan "egg," which helps to bind the tortillas. Set aside to allow the mixture to thicken.
- Drain the water from the cauliflower and then add the riced cauliflower to a bowl. Stir in the flax mixture until it is all combined. Season with sea salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes (optional) and mix well.
- Form the mixture into 1/4-inch thick tortillas, which are about 4 inches in diameter, and place them on the baking sheet. Insert the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove from the oven, flip the tortillas with a spatula, and insert back into the oven to bake for another 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the tortillas cool down. When you are ready to eat them, warm them in a frying pan over medium heat for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Fill your tacos with shredded cabbage, homemade guacamole, and freshly diced tomatoes and cilantro. Enjoy!