The lemon dressing really sets this salad off. There is tons of crunch in this salad, and the apples balance out the bold citrus flavors. If you want to add arugula or mixed greens, go ahead and get your dose of greens!
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. ground mustard seed
- 1 tbsp. + 1 tsp agave nectar
- 6 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
For the Salad
- 5 -6 large celery stalks with leaves, chopped
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, chopped
- sea salt to taste
- 1/2 c raw walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 c dried cranberries (without preservatives or sugar)
- Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. You can also add everything to an airtight glass jar and shake it up. That way you can store it in the fridge if you have some left over.
- Add the celery, celery leaves, and apples to a bowl and mix well. Season with a little sea salt and add the walnuts and dried cranberries to the bowl.
- Drizzle some dressing over the salad bowl and mix well, ensuring all ingredients are coated. Serve and enjoy.