- 1/2 c shelled hemp seeds
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 ″ thick chunk of fresh ginger
- 1/2 c water
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend to a smooth and creamy texture. Use as a cheesy dip, spread, or dressing.
Softening Raw Veggies & Making "Rice"
Great veggies (all finely chopped or cubed) to pour the sauce over include: Cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, green beans, peas, sugarsnap peas, courgette (zucchini), asparagus tips, tomatoes, cucumber.
* To soften texture of your veggies you can marinade them for a while in olive oil, lemon juice and a little Himalayan salt and drain before coating with sauce.
* To make “rice” simply put some cauliflower into your food processor and process until rice-like pieces are formed. Even if you don’t like it on its own, by the time you have added your veggies and sauce, you won’t even be able to tell what the rice is and you’ll feel as if you’re eating a much “rounder” meal.