While these are not cleanse-approved, they are a great healthy snack to incorporate into life after cleansing. They are very easy to make and filled with clean plant-based protein and tons of fiber.
- Prep Time:15m
- Cook Time:8h
- Total Time:8h 15m
- 1 c ground flaxseeds
- 1 c water
- 2 c almonds (soaked over night, drained and rinsed)
- 1 bunch kale, finely chopped & thick stems removed
- 1 c coconut flour
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Himalayan salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, mix ground flax and water and then set aside.
- Add the almonds to a food processor and blend until they are finely chopped. Empty into a large bowl.
- Add the kale, nutritional yeast, coconut flour, and smoked paprika to the chopped almonds. Mix well.
- Add flax/water mixture to the almond bowl and use your hands to get in there and combine everything.
- Spread this mixture onto a non-stick dehydrator sheet. The layer should be about 1/4-inch thick. Using a knife, score the layer into cracker sized pieces and dehydrate at 145 F degrees for 30 minutes. Decrease the temperature to 118 degrees F and dehydrate until the crackers are ready (approximately 8 hours), turning once or moving to different screens halfway through dehydration. The goal is to have them be very dry, just like crackers.