- 1 c ground flax
- 1 c water
- 2 c almonds, soaked over night, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 cup Raw Coconut Flour
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. chipotle
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together ground flax and water. Set aside.
- Place almonds in food processor and process until finely chopped. Remove to large bowl.
- Finely chop kale. I do this in the food processor, also.
- Add nutritional yeast, coconut flour, smoked paprika and chipotle to the chopped almonds. Mix well.
- Stir in kale.
- Add flax/water mixture. Blend well. I use my hands at this point.
- Spread 1/4-inch thick on non-stick dehydrator sheet. Score into cracker sized pieces and dehydrate at 145˚ for 30 minutes. Decrease heat to 118˚ and continue to dehydrate until done (approximately 8 hours) turning once or moving to different screens halfway through dehydration. You want these very dry.
*Dehydration times can vary widely due to different dehydrators and humidity.