- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 c chickpeas
- 3 c packed spinach leaves
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce (likely less if you’re using canned/salted chickpeas)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. sriracha hot sauce
- 1/2 c chickpea flour
- Cook the onion in oil or water in a pan over medium heat until soft and translucent, then add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the chickpeas, spinach, and carrot, and cook until the spinach is fully wilted and the carrot is softened. Make sure that you let as much liquid as possible cook off.
- Dump into a mixing bowl, and stir in the soy sauce, cumin, peanut butter, nutritional yeast, hot sauce, and chickpea flour. I didn’t bother trying to smush the chickpeas at all, although you could.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- In big spoonfulls (~1/3 c.?) form the mixture into thick patties and lightly pan fry, using only a couple teaspoons of oil for several burgers, over medium heat until browned on both sides.
- Alternatively, you could bake them just fine.