The best way to cook corn is to grill it because you get that beautiful charred flavor. The secret to successfully grilling corn is to grill it in the husk for the first 5-10 minutes. Not only does this make it is easier to pull the husk away, but it also steams the corn to give it an even cook. This is the perfect side dish for summer.
- 6 ears of corn, husks on
- 1/2 c lime juice
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Once the grill is hot, place the corn (with the husks on) on the grill. Cook for about 7 minutes, flipping every couple minutes.
- While the corn is cooking, add the lime juice, chili powder, sea salt, and pepper to a small bowl and mix well.
- Remove the corn from the grill and allow it to cool for five minutes. Husk the corn and then place them back on the grill for another 7 minutes, turning every minute for an even char.
- Brush the corn with the chili lime mixture during the cooking process. This will impart that beautifully spicy and citrusy flavor.
- Remove from the grill once the corn is evenly charred. Serve with optional lime wedges and more chili powder if you like it hot.