Is there anything better than a bowl of chocolate? This isn’t your average bowl of processed chocolate, though. This is a decadent chocolate smoothie bowl that contains bananas, raw almond butter, ice cubes, and homemade almond milk. It’s truly a beautiful raw vegan creation that contains protein, healthy fats, fiber, and antioxidants.
Before you make the smoothie bowl, you have to make your own almond milk. It seems like a daunting task but it’s quite simple. Blend the water, almonds, and optional vanilla extract and agave nectar, and then strain the liquid through a fine mesh strainer, nut milk bag, or cheesecloth. It’s a simple process and you can click here for the full recipe. Once you complete that step, you just have to add the remaining ingredients to a blender and blend away. It helps if you have a high-speed blender, as the consistency will be quite thick.
After you blend up the ingredients, you get to choose your own toppings. It’s nice to add half of a banana, sliced, and some chopped raw nuts of your choice. Consider some raw cacao nibs for toppings as well. They have a bitter, crunchy bite that pairs well with the sweetness from the smoothie bowl. You can also top the bowl with fresh berries or a small drizzle of raw almond butter. Desiccated coconut is also another fantastic option that melds with the existing nuttiness. Choose your own flavor adventure, but stay within the realm of raw vegan to keep it cleanse-approved.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- Serves: 2 servings
- Category: Full Body Cleanse Approved, Smoothies & Juices, Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
For the Smoothie Bowl
- 2 bananas, peeled and frozen overnight
- 1/4 c raw almond butter
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1 c homemade almond milk
- 1/2 c ice cubes
- sliced banana
- chopped raw almonds
- raw cacao nibs
- desiccated coconut
- Add the frozen bananas, almond butter, cacao powder, vanilla extract, almond milk, and ice to a blender and blend until thick and smooth.
- Make sure there are no large chunks of anything in the mixture.
- Spoon into two separate bowls and top with the toppings of your choice.
- Enjoy immediately with a big spoon.