Breakfast can prove difficult for some because of the uncertainty of what to make. What will provide nutrition? What will hold you over until lunch? That’s why it can be beneficial to make breakfast ahead of time. Enter this chocolate banana chia seed pudding, which is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and lots of fiber.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 c chia seeds
- 2 c homemade almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. grade A maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp. cacao nibs
- Peel one banana and mash it in a bowl with the chia seeds until well combined.
- Pour the vanilla extract and almond milk into the bowl with the banana chia paste and mix until there are no lumps.
- Divide this mixture in half, spooning half of the mixture into a separate bowl. Cover one bowl and store in the fridge overnight.
- In the other bowl, mix in the maple syrup and cacao powder. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When you are ready to assemble the chia pudding, fill the bottom of a jar or bowl with a little cacao-free pudding. Then add a few banana slices from the banana you haven\'t used yet, along with some cacao nibs. Then place a little of the chocolate chia mixture, followed by another layer of bananas and cacao nibs.
- You should have enough to make 3 little to-go jars or little bowls for breakfasts. We hope you enjoy!