Can a snack also be a dessert? If you answered “yes” to this question, then we can be friends. It also means that you clicked on the right recipe. These chocolate vanilla pecan energy bites are absolutely to die for. A single ball after dinner satisfies your sweet, chocolaty cravings, while providing the body with essential fatty acids and protein.
The dates in this recipe offer an incredible sweetness, so there’s no need for additional sweeteners like raw agave nectar. When you pick out your dates, remember that you should choose the ones without preservatives or added sugars. Make sure they do not contain sulfur dioxide. That’s a big no-no when it comes to eating dried fruit on the raw vegan diet.
We hope you enjoy these fudgy little dessert/snack bites. Let us know how you like them in the comments below.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- Serves: 14 servings
- Yield: 14 balls
- Category: Full Body Cleanse Approved, Appetizers & Snacks, Desserts, Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 1 c dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/4 c coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 c raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1 c raw pecans
- Line a baking sheet or dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients, except the pecans, to a food processor and blend until a dough-like ball forms.
- Add the pecans to the food processor and continue blending until you have a thoroughly blended mixture.
- Wet your hands and start forming the mixture into tablespoon-size balls and place them on the parchment paper baking dish.
- Once you finish rolling the mixture into balls, place them in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and enjoy. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for two weeks.