This is one of the easiest salads you’ll ever make because every ingredient just goes in the food processor or blender. The vinaigrette gives this salad a citrusy boost, but don’t drown your ingredients in dressing.
Photo Credit: Ferns and Peonis
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
For the Salad
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 head small red cabbage
- 15 baby carrots
- 1 c mixed fresh herbs (parsley, dill, mint, basil)
- 1 c raw almonds
For the Dressing
- 1/2 inch peeled fresh ginger root
- 1 tsp. ground mustard seed
- 1/8 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c freshly squeezed orange juice,
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. course ground black pepper
- Get an extra large mixing bowl out to build your salad. De-stem and de-core your broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage and cut them into large chunks.
- In your food processor, in individual batches, pulse each salad ingredient for approximately 15 seconds until no large chunks remain. You will only have one vegetable processing at a time. Dump the chopped contents of each batch into your large bowl and don’t bother to wash or rinse the food processor between batches. Continue until all the salad ingredients have been chopped and added to the large mixing bowl.
- In your food processor, process the salad dressing ingredients for approximately 20 seconds until it is emulsified and no ginger chunks remain. Pour over the salad ingredients and gently stir to incorporate. Add more orange juice if the salad is too dry, but do not over-dress!