The secret is in the sauce, right? While that may not be true for every recipe, it certain is the case for this one! This savory sauce is fresh, creamy, and extremely versatile. You can either drizzle it over your raw tacos, use it as a salad dressing, or toss zucchini noodles in it,
This sauce functions as both a dip and a sauce. It differs from a classic pesto in that it’s quite creamy and has somewhat of a cheesy flavor, which comes from the nutritional yeast. The sauce bursts with notes of zesty citrus, which is a perfect complement to the herbaceous cilantro. What we’re trying to say is that it’s not your average run-of-the-mill sauce. It’s a notch above, each bite exploding with layers and layers of flavor.
We don’t want to hype this sauce up to the point where you are let down by flavor. It’s an incredibly tasty creation, but it may not be the best sauce ever created. The flavors are prominent and it tastes fresh, which will give that same quality to whatever you use it with. Let us know what you end up using the sauce for because we’re eager to hear about your culinary creations. We’d say “happy cooking,” but no cooking is involved, so “happy blending.”
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 1 c raw cashews (soaked in water for 2 hours and then drained)
- 3/4 c filtered water
- 1/2 c fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- pinch of black pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- If you store the sauce in a glass jar in the fridge, it will stay fresh for up to 10 days. Enjoy!