It may seem strange, but quinoa is an excellent breakfast food. Because quinoa is quite flavorless, it easily takes on the spices or ingredients that you mix in. It’s suitable for both sweet and savory meals, and you’ll find that this apple cinnamon breakfast bowl is surprisingly delicious.
- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:25m
- Total Time:30m
- Serves: 2 servings
- Category: Breakfast, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 1/2 c quinoa
- 1 1/2 c water
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- Add the quinoa, water, and apples to a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Allow the mixture to come to a bowl and then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the quinoa has absorbed the water.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and mix in the cinnamon and honey. Taste and add more honey if your taste buds desire a sweeter flavor.
- Spoon into bowls and enjoy. Top with freshly chopped apples if you want!