If you don’t immediately fall in love with these mashed sweet potatoes, then we may need to have a discussion. This comforting dish is the perfect side to an entree salad and it can even be consumed for breakfast. If you do end up eating it for breakfast, drizzle a little extra maple syrup on top with a dash of cinnamon and some raw pecans.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 20m
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 c filtered water
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. vegan butter
- 2 tbsp. grade A maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- Add one cup of water to the Instant Pot and make sure that it doesn\'t past the fill line.
- Place the cubed sweet potatoes inside the insert, cover the Instant Pot, and set the valve to the sealing position.
- Press the Pressure Cook or Manual button, depending on your Instant Pot, and select high pressure with a time of 14 minutes.
- Perform a quick pressure release and then carefully open the lid. Remove the potatoes from the Instant Pot and make sure to drain the cooking water.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl and add the cinnamon, vegan butter, maple syrup, and the sea salt. Mash everything together until you get your desired consistency of mashed potatoes.