The last thing you want to do in the middle of a chaotic morning is make breakfast. You don’t have time to waste, so you end up hitting a drive thru or donut place on the way to work. Either that or you spend extra money on food delivery. The final scenario is that you don’t eat at all and you end up snacking on unhealthy treats until lunch time. How do you prevent all of that from happening? That’s why overnight oats exist.
This recipe contains a handful of simple ingredients that pair beautifully together. Cinnamon and maple syrup with vanilla extract! Are you joking? Plus, you have the option to top the overnight oats with sliced bananas and pecan halves. If you don’t go the extra mile and use those toppings, what are you even doing? But this recipe isn’t meant to bash or shame you; rather, it should help make your mornings less stressful and more filling.
As a final note for these overnight oats, you can use whichever non-dairy milk you prefer. Whether you use almond milk, oat milk, cashew milk, or macadamia nut milk, make sure to purchase the unsweetened varieties. You don’t need the excess sugars and artificial flavors that are in sweetened and flavored plant-based milks. Do your body a solid and avoid the sweeteners! If you have the time, consider making your own plant-based milk. It’s surprisingly easy and incredibly rewarding!
- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:6h
- Total Time:6h 10m
- 1 1/4 c unsweetened
- 2 tbsp. grade A maple syrup
- 1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1 c rolled oats
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- sliced banana (optional topping)
- pecans (optional topping)
- Add the almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract together in a bowl and mix gently. Then add the oats and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a jar, screw on the lid, and place it in the fridge overnight.
- Pull out of the fridge in the morning and top with optional banana slices and pecans. Enjoy!