Yes, this ice cream is actually raw! The cashews make this creamy and the cinnamon flavor is not overpowering. You may like this so much while you’re cleansing that you continue making it even after you are finished with raw foods!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 2 c raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 c homemade cashew milk
- 1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 2 -3 tsp cinnamon
- 3 -4 Tbsp pure 100% maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 c raw pecans, chopped
- Discard the soaking water for the cashews. Add the cashews and the rest of the ingredients, except for the pecans, to a food processor and blend until you get a smooth consistency.
- If you have an ice cream maker, you can place the blended mixture in there for about 10 minutes. Top with chopped pecans and enjoy.
- If you aren't using an ice cream maker, pour the blended mixture into a loaf pan and stir in the chopped pecans. Put this in the freezer for four hours, stirring once every hour.
- Scoop your ice cream and enjoy!