We know that you typically don’t see chickpeas in a recipe that involves sweet flavors, but chickpeas can easily take a variety of flavors. They are crunchy, slightly sweet, and rich in protein. Let us know how you like them.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 35m
- 2 (15oz) cans of salt-free garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 4 tbsp. organic dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400º F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Pat the chickpeas dry after rinsing them, removing as much moisture as possible.
- Scatter the chickpeas across the baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. While the chickpeas are baking, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and sea salt in a small bowl.
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven and drizzle the coconut oil over them. Sprinkle the cinnamon mixture on the chickpeas and toss to evenly coat all of them. Place the chickpeas back in the oven to bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven and let them cool to room temperature. Once they have cooled, store them in an airtight container at room temperature. The longer they are stored, the less crunchy they will be, so get after them!