Energy balls contain nuts, seeds, some type of sweetener, and possibly dried fruit, meaning they fill you up quickly. In addition to being the perfect snacks, energy balls provided you with sustained energy throughout the day. They also help to keep cravings at bay because they typically contain healthy fats and fiber.
These coconut ginger energy balls go above and beyond the call of duty. What we mean by this is that they seduce your taste buds with a spicy/sweet flavor and they satiate your hunger.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 1 c dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp. raw Brazil nuts, chopped
- 3/4 c dehydrated coconut
- 1/2 tbsp. raw agave syrup
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- Add the dates and the Brazil nuts to a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Stop blending and pour in the coconut, agave, and ginger to the food processor. Continue blending until a sticky batter forms. Depending on your food processor, this can take one minute or up to five minutes.
- Line a large airtight container with parchment paper. Using a tablespoon, scoop the blended mixture out of the food processor and form into a little ball. You can use your hands, but make sure to wet them with water to avoid sticking.
- Once you place all the balls in the container with parchment paper, cover the container and place in the refrigerator for the balls to harden. Enjoy when ready.
- The energy balls will stay fresh in this airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. If you freeze them, they will stay fresh for up to one month.