Overnight oats with coconut milk and blueberries is the perfect breakfast for spring. The weather is warming up, so cold breakfast options are more popular to enjoy. The coconut milk makes the oats extra creamy, which is not typical for an overnight oats recipe. One could argue that the coconut milk is the extra “something” that you’ve been missing from your oat recipes. Not only is it filling and rich, but it also provides an incredible nutritional profile.
If you are new to overnight oats, then you are in for a treat. Although they are not raw vegan, they do make the perfect addition to your post-cleanse recipe arsenal. To make overnight oats, you mix rolled oats, liquid, and several different flavors or toppings in a jar. Place this magical concoction in the refrigerator overnight and pull it out in the morning to enjoy your breakfast. You can grab it and take it to go, or you can pull it out of the fridge, empty it into a bowl, and add more toppings.
This recipe features blueberries, rolled oats, coconut milk, grade A maple syrup, and chia seeds. While there are other oats to use, rolled oats are the best for overnight oats. The easily soak up liquid without becoming too soggy, which happens if you use quick oats or instant oats. It’s up to you if you want to use fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries in this recipe. The texture of frozen blueberries is better suited for overnight oats, but the difference between fresh and frozen isn’t dramatic. Lastly, make sure to use full-fat coconut milk, as this provides an extra creamy base for your overnight oats.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- Serves: 1 serving
- Category: Breakfast, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 c full-fat coconut milk
- 1 c frozen blueberries, plus more for topping
- 1 c rolled oats
- 1 c unsweetened unflavored soy milk or milk of choice
- 2 tbsp. grade A maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
- In a blender, combine the coconut milk and frozen blueberries and blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended coconut blueberry mixture into a large glass jar and then add the remaining ingredients.
- Screw the lid on the jar and shake well to combine. Place in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the jar from the fridge in the morning, unscrew the lid, and stir with a spoon to break up any clumps that formed.
- Add any extra toppings you like and enjoy!