Coconut milk is rich in healthy fats that are easily absorbed by the body. These are the good fats! So now you get to feel good about eating dessert, and you don’t have to worry about consuming unhealthy sugars that set your diet back. It’s all about finding balance, people!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 2 (14 oz.) cans full fat coconut milk, chilled
- 2 tbsp. grade A maple syrup
- 1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- The day before you would like to make this recipe, place both cans of coconut milk in the refrigerator and leave them there overnight to chill completely. The time in the fridge will allow the thick coconut cream to separate from the coconut water.
- It's best to let them sit in the fridge for 24 hours, but overnight is sufficient.
- When you are ready to make your whipped coconut cream, remove the cans of coconut milk from the fridge and gather the remaining ingredients. Be careful not to shake the cans because you don't want the coconut cream to mix back in with the coconut water.
- Open the cans of coconut milk and scoop out all of the hardened coconut cream into a large mixing bowl. Don’t discard the remaining coconut water because you can use it in smoothies and other drinks.
- Using an electric hand mixer, begin to whip the coconut cream on medium speed. Whip until you get thick, stiff peaks (about 3-5 minutes). Depending on which coconut milk you purchase, this time may vary.
- Once stiff peaks have formed pour the maple syrup and vanilla extract into the bowl. Mix again on medium speed for another minute to fully incorporate those flavors.
- You can use this coconut whipped cream as a topping, icing, or freeze it and consume it like ice cream.
- The whipped cream keeps well in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3-5 days, although it loses it’s fluffiness.