Healthy eating means finding new ways to use fruits and vegetables that you may be getting tired of. Just as with so many endeavors in life, creativity is key, especially when it comes to food. That’s why we love this creamy cauliflower soup, which is a pureed bowl of deliciousness. Not to mention, the coconut milk makes this ultra creamy and rich!
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 35m
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more to serve
- 2 medium white onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large head of cauliflower, rinsed and cut into florets
- 4 1/2 c low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1 c coconut milk
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 c cashews, roughly chopped for garnish
- 1/4 c Italian parsley, roughly chopped for garnish
- red pepper flakes, for garnish (optional)
- Warm the oil in a large pot over medium heat and then add the onions and sea salt. Cook until they are soft and translucent (about 6-8 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low, add the minced garlic, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add cauliflower, vegetable broth, coriander, turmeric, cumin, and another pinch of sea salt to the pot.
- Turn the heat up to high in order to bring the broth to a boil. Once it is boiling, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes (or until the cauliflower is fork-tender).
- In order to blend the soup, you'll need to transfer batches to the blender little by little. If you have an immersion blender, you can stick that in the pot and blend the soup that way.
- Once you've finished blending the soup, add it back to the large pot and stir in the coconut milk. Taste and add more sea salt or pepper as needed.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with chopped cashews, chopped parsley, and a pinch of red pepper flakes.