Aren’t avocados just the best? We could leave it at that and just get to the recipe, but where’s the fun in that? We love any opportunity to sneak more vegetables into your day, and avocados make it incredibly easy to do that. They are full of monounsaturated fatty acids that benefit brain and heart function. Additionally, these healthy fats may help reduce inflammation!
The great thing about this spread is that it isn’t guacamole, but let us be clear when we say we aren’t trashing the holy guac. Sometimes, you just need a relatively neutral spread that doesn’t compete with other ingredients. For example, you could use this creamy avocado spread in place of mayonnaise on a sandwich. It gives the sandwich a creamy texture without the unhealthy fats, oils, dairy products, and high sodium levels of mayo.
Avocados are soft and creamy, just like butter or mayo, which is how this recipe came about. Using a food processor is essential because that’s how you achieve a luxuriously creamy consistency. Once you blend all of the ingredients together, taste and adjust seasonings as needed. You may want a touch more garlic powder or an extra squeeze of lemon juice. Let your palate dictate the flavor profile of your spread. Just don’t add too much salt!
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cilantro, chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- Peel and pit your avocado, getting as much avocado meat as possible.
- Add the avocados and the rest of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately with raw vegetable sticks or dehydrated, raw vegan seed crackers. If you are not cleansing, you can use this spread on sandwiches, toast, or as a dip.