When you look at the ingredient list and then taste the smoothie, you can’t believe it. You see zucchini and spinach and think, “How can zucchini in a smoothie not make it taste foul.” Your taste buds are not lying to you, though, because this smoothie is refreshing, tasty, and sweet. This is because the blueberries offer a wonderfully tart and sweet flavor, and the bananas contribute sweetness as well. The riper the banana the banana, the better!
This smoothie makes for the perfect breakfast or afternoon snack because it contains protein, fiber, complex carbs, and healthy fats. It is truly a nutritional bomb, but that doesn’t mean it tastes like lawn clippings. In fact, the nuttiness from the hemp hearts and homemade almond milk complement the sweet flavors of the fruit and hide the flavor of the veggies. If you feel like getting creative and want to add a scoop of raw almond butter, please feel free to do so!
If you try this smoothie and love it, please let us know. Leave us a comment below, rate the recipe, and take a picture and tag us on Instagram. We love seeing the recipes that come from the Dherbs family!
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 1 banana, peeled, sliced, and frozen overnight
- 1 c blueberries, frozen overnight
- 2/3 c zucchini, peeled and cubed
- 1 c spinach
- 1 tbsp. raw hemp hearts
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 c homemade almond milk
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed. You may want the cinnamon flavor to be more present, so add another dash and blend to combine.
- Divide the smoothie between two serving glasses and garnish with optional chia seeds. Enjoy!