It’s easy to get carried away with ginger, but the pepperiness of ginger is perfectly balanced by the sweetness of the carrots and coconut milk. This is a great post cleansing meal to satiate your hunger and provide the body with much-needed nutrients. We hope you like it!
- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:30m
- Total Time:35m
- Serves: 5 servings
- Category: Soups & Stews, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and chopped
- 32 oz low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Melt the coconut oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and cook until fragrant (about 5 minutes)
- Dump the chopped carrots and vegetable stock into the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a low simmer, pour in the coconut milk, and cook until the carrots are soft (about 20 minutes or so), stirring every few minutes.
- Once the carrots are soft, remove from the heat and pour the soup into a large blender and blend until smooth. You may need to do this in several batches, depending on the size of your blender.
- After blending the soup, stir in the sea salt and then serve. Enjoy!