If you like chocolate hazelnut spread but you are on a raw food diet or don’t want all that refined sugar, this is the spread for you. It goes great on raw strawberries, or you can spread it between apple slices to make a healthy dessert sandwich.
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
- 1 c raw, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 c raw hemp seeds
- 1/2 tsp. stevia powder
- 1/2 c carob powder
- 1/4 c raw unfiltered coconut oil
- Put the sunflower seeds in a food processor fitted with the S-blade or a high-speed blender and blend for about 1 minute.
- Add the hemp seeds and stevia and blend for about 4 more minutes, stopping every minute to scrape down the sides. Eventually it will form a ball and become nut butter. Use the tamper if you have a Vitamix.
- In a separate bowl, combine the carob powder with the oil, then add the mixture to the nut butter. (If you add the carob powder and oil directly to a food processor, you will have a powdery carob explosion that is not fun to clean up.)
- Continue blending until you get the smooth consistency you want.
- Serve right away or transfer to a glass jar and store in the refrigerator. It will be spreadable when refrigerated, and just a little thicker than Nutella at room temperature. Eat within a month.