Carrots are one of the most beneficial and easily accessible root vegetables in existence. They are in just about every grocery store and come in a variety of colors, although you most commonly see them in their orange form. Speaking of this orange color, it indicates the presence of beta-carotene, which converts to vitamin A in the body and serves as a powerful antioxidant. Is a creamy vegan carrot soup incredibly tasty? Absolutely, but it is also a nutritious meal option that helps you absorb the vegetable’s numerous health benefits.
When the weather is cold, nothing beats slurping up a tasty soup. Unlike other creamy or meat-heavy soups, this soup contains ingredients that all work to enhance immune function. Whether you feel a cold coming on or are trying to get over a sore throat, this soup is the perfect choice. Carrots contain phytonutrients that enhance the body’s defense mechanisms, making it more resilient against infections. The high vitamin C content in carrots also stimulates the production of white blood cells, enhancing overall immune response.
The great thing about this soup, besides the health benefits, is that it is easy to whip up. It doesn’t make a whole lot of soup, but there will be enough for two people to have large bowls. You can also serve three to four people smaller bowls to accompany their main courses. Some people like to include more non-dairy milk in their soup recipes for maximum creaminess, but the potatoes help create a luxuriously creamy consistency that you’re guaranteed to love.
- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:20m
- Total Time:30m
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small potato, cubed and boiled
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 inches ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tbsp. almond flour
- 3 c low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 c unsweetened cashew milk
- Warm about a tablespoon of olive oil in a medium stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent (a couple minutes).
- Add the carrots, ginger, and potatoes and cook until slightly browned and softened. Season with sea salt, pepper, dried rosemary, and dried thyme and mix well.
- Sprinkle the almond flour over the vegetables and mix well to combine. Deglaze the pan with the vegetable broth, cover, and simmer for five to 10 minutes.
- Uncover the pot and pour in the cashew milk, warming for a minute or so. Remove from the heat and use an immersion blender to blend the ingredients until smooth. Alternatively, transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, serve, and enjoy.