If you are a lover of creamy soups, you just won the jackpot with this recipe. This creamy cauliflower soup packs tons of flavor and has a velvety texture. In addition to the delicious flavors, this soup contain a diverse nutritional profile. It’s rich in vegetable that contain allium, which is a potent antioxidant compound that exhibits anti-cancer, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Cauliflower is wonderful for blended soups, but the white beans in this soup yield a creamy texture. The beans actually act as a dairy replacement, so there’s no need for creams of milks. In addition to giving the soup an undeniably creamy base, the beans offer lots of protein and fiber. You get the best of both the nutritional and textural worlds.
- Category: Soups & Stews, Entrees, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 3 leeks, rinsed and chopped
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 1/2 c low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 c cauliflower, chopped
- 3/4 c white beans, drained
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- When you cut the leeks, be sure to remove the ends and the outer layer. It\'s best to slice them lengthwise to halve them and then thinly slice them. As long as they are finely chopped, you are good.
- Add about one teaspoon of olive oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add the leeks, onion, and garlic and cook until browned (about five minutes).
- Pour in the cauliflower, vegetable broth, white beans, thyme, and sea salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat, cover the pot, and allow the mixture to simmer for 10-12 minutes. The cauliflower should be fork-tender.
- Remove the soup from heat and either transfer it to a high-speed blender or use and immersion blender to puree the soup.
- Once you blend the soup, spoon it into bowls for serving.