This pumpkin soup is the perfect recipe for fall. The inherent sweetness of the baby pumpkin forms a harmonious marriage with the herbaceous rosemary. It’s amazing that a soup with only seven ingredients can taste so delicious.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Total Time: 30m
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 c onion, diced
- 8 c baby pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, diced
- 4 -5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 -1 cup organic coconut milk
- 1/4 c almonds, chopped (optional for garnish)
- Warm the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent (about 2 minutes). Add the pumpkin and garlic and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the rosemary and vegetable broth to the pot. Once the broth is boiling, reduce the heat to low and simmer until the pumpkin is easily pierced with a fork. Season with sea salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the soup into a blender in batches, blend until creamy, and then return to another large pot over medium heat. Add the coconut milk to the new pot and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour into bowls and garnish with the chopped almonds, fresh rosemary, and a drizzle of olive oil.