We know that as soon as you read the title of this recipe, you started salivating. Spicing up the chickpeas is integral because the seasonings will make it so you don’t crave meat. Flavor is key and these tacos are not lacking in the flavor department.
- 1 (15 oz) can organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. EACH paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, cumin, and chili powder
- 2 c kale, thinly sliced
- 1 c green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c tahini, well stirred
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. filtered water
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 6 corn tortillas
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and scatter the drained and rinsed chickpeas across a baking sheet. Season with sea salt and drizzle the olive oil over the chickpeas. Mix well, insert into the oven, and bake for 30-45 minutes, or until brown and crispy.
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven, add them to a medium bowl, season with the remaining spices, and mix well. Set aside.
- If you want to make the most of your time in the kitchen, you'll prepare the slaw while the chickpeas are cooking. In a large mixing bowl, combine the kale, cabbage, and radish slices.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk the tahini, minced garlic, lime juice, olive oil, water, sea salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the slaw veggies and toss until the slaw is evenly dressed.
- When ready to assemble the tacos, warm each tortilla in a frying pan for 30 seconds on each side. Add a some chickpeas in the tortilla, top with the kale slaw, and enjoy.